Pages

Wednesday 26 October 2016

FEAR

Photo Credit: Punith Gowda

It was a dark night.
A night so dark I could see the stars sparkle like diamonds.
And I was lying down under this magnificent spread.
But, something made me feel uneasy.
As I looked into the sea of stars my head drifted elsewhere.
I wondered what tomorrow was going to be like.
I thought about whether I would be able to look at the same starry sky again in the future.
I kept asking myself that question, but somehow no matter how much I thought about it, I just did not get a definite answer.
And that scared me.
Curiosity cooked inside me,
And suddenly I did not want to see  tomorrow


But again, my head worked wonders and like magic I saw myself in tomorrow
I saw myself in the future.
Yet, I was still unclear about where I was headed.
My heart pounded and my breath got heavier
I felt as though I was choking
The fear of tomorrow had taken over me. 
My head spun and I was not paying attention to the dark sky anymore. 
The future was what I was thinking about.
I lay on my back that whole night and through the sunrise.
My body had given up and I slept through that sparkling night.
The sun shone on my face the next day and I woke to a clear sky. 
I woke up to the day I was waiting for just, to know what it was going to be like. 
I did not know if I was happy or sad.
And so without questioning myself too much I dusted off my back and walked inside to start off my day.
Little did I know at that point of time  that, while I was worrying about my tomorrow I had missed the most beautiful night.
Gone was that night.
Gone was that moment.

Photo Credit : Punith Gowda


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!